As an entrepreneur, you know that protecting your business is of utmost importance. One way to do this is by having a liability waiver in place.
This article will discuss what a yoga studio liability waiver is and why it’s important for your business. We will also provide a template for reference.
What is Liability Waiver, And Why is it Important?
A liability waiver is a legal document that releases a business from responsibility if a customer is injured while on the premises. This type of waiver is essential for yoga studios because there is always a risk of injury when participating in yoga classes. Having a yoga studio liability waiver in place can protect your business from being held liable if a customer is injured.
What To Include In A Liability Waiver
When writing a yoga studio liability waiver, you should include certain elements.
- Client’s Contact Information: This should include the client’s name, address, and phone number.
- Class Information: This should include the name and date of the yoga class that the client will be participating in.
- Emergency Contact Information: In case of an emergency, it is vital to have the contact information of a responsible party. This could be a friend or family member of the client.
- Questions About Client Medical History: You will want to include questions about your client’s medical history to determine if they are at risk for injuries. You may also want to ask if they are on any medications or have any medical conditions that could contraindicate yoga.
- Risk Acknowledgement: The next element to include in your yoga studio liability waiver is a risk acknowledgment. In this section, you will want to acknowledge that there is a risk of injury associated with yoga and that the customer is aware of this risk.
- Release Of Liability: Another element to include in your yoga studio liability waiver is a release of liability. In this section, you will want to release the studio from any responsibility in the event that a customer is injured while participating in yoga classes.
An Example of a Yoga Studio Liability Waiver
Now that we have discussed what to include in a yoga studio liability waiver let’s look at an example.
Client’s Contact Information: _____________________________________________
Class Information: _____________________________________________
Emergency Contact Information: _____________________________________________
Questions About Client Medical History
Are you on any medications? _____________________________________________
Do you have any medical conditions that could contraindicate yoga? _____________________________________________
Do you have any other health concerns that may affect your yoga practice? _____________________________________________
Risk Acknowledgement: I understand that yoga includes physical movements as well as an opportunity for relaxation, stress relief, and connection with other individuals in the class. As is the case with any physical activity, there is a risk of injury. I acknowledge that I am participating in yoga classes at my own risk and waive any claim against the yoga studio, its employees, or instructors for any injuries that I may sustain.
Release of Liability: I hereby release the yoga studio, its employees, and instructors from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, or causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury (including death) that may be sustained by me or any person while participating in yoga classes, or while on the premises of the yoga studio. I understand that this Release of Liability extends to all claims of every kind or nature whatsoever, foreseen and unforeseen, known and unknown.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and understand this yoga studio liability waiver. I understand that I am giving up substantial rights by signing it and do so freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
Signature of Client